Thursday, July 16, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Pizza


This pizza recipe is awesome! I love buffalo wings, but I hate getting my hand all messy and chewing on the bone, etc (I know, I know...just eat BONELESS Buffalo wings) and I love pizza so I couldn't wait to try Rachel Ray's Recipe! I used a Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust and was pleasantly surprised. Now don't get me wrong, it in no way, shape or form compares to NY style pizza crust, but for a cheap and easy alternative I was impressed.

Here is the
recipe and my recipe with the modifications below. I found it on Foodnetwork.com (with
TONS of great reviews):

Wingless Buffalo Chicken Pizza
4 servings

3/4 pound chicken breast cutlets
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
2 teaspoons grill seasoning (I used McCormick Montreal Seasoning)
1 pizza dough, store bought or from your favorite pizzeria (I used Pillsbury)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Frank's, he's my fav!)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Dice chicken into very small chunks and place into a bowl. Drizzle diced chicken with olive oil and season with grill seasoning, mixed thoroughly so all chicken is coated

Saute chicken pieces in skillet until thoroughly cooked. Set aside

Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Stretch dough and press into cookie sheet until evenly distributed. Set pizza aside

In a separate medium skilled over medium heat, melt butter and stir in Worcestershire, hot sauce and tomato sauce.

Add chicken to the sauce and coat. Cover the pizza dough with the saucy
Buffalo chicken, cheeses and bake 16-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp.



No comments: