Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beef Noodle Casserole

This casserole is very simple and packed with flavor! I've made it twice now and Dave and I both enjoyed it very much! I found the recipe on a blog called Dining Alone. I've tried a number of recipes from this blog and they never disappoint. Since the recipe is only meant to serve 3 I would probably double it next time to have leftovers for lunch. There wasn't a need to make any modifications, but if I'm being honest...I used quite a bit more than 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese:)


Beef Noodle Casserole

2 cups uncooked egg noodles
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 can (8-ounces) tomato sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (I used more like 3/4 cup)

Directions
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, onions, chilies, garlic and salt. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and cream cheese. Drain noodles.

Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in a 1-qt baking dish coated with cooking spray (I used a 1 and 1/2 qt dish and it worked just fine). Layer with half of the noodles, cream cheese mixture and cheese. Spread 1/2 cup beef mixture over cheese; repeat layers. Spoon remaining beef mixture over top. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover for the last 5 minutes to brown cheese on tip. Yield: 3 servings

5 comments:

Reeni said...

This looks so delicious and comforting! I love the cream cheese in it - I bet it adds a richness to it.

Katerina said...

This is such a rich dish. I love cheese too. I always put more in my recipes.

Dining Alone said...

Thanks for the blog mention, I will add your blog to my link list :)

Biz said...

I had to check out your blog because it was on Dining Alone's blog roll - my blog name is "My Bizzy Kitchen" so I had to check out "My Kitty Kitchen!"

I love NC - we vacationed in Nags Head every summer when I was growing up - sad I haven't been there in 20 years though!

Anonymous said...

It's actually a great and helpful piece of info. I'm happy that
you simply shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Here is my page - http://naturalsaffronextract.com